We believe managed futures will outperform other alternatives in a market crisis, that large managers have a declining return profile because of their size, and that better portfolio diversification is achieved through allocating to multiple “right-sized” managers with meaningful commodity exposure across different markets, trading strategies, and time frames.
Why Managed Futures
Because they can offer positive performance in bear markets, be a hedge against inflation, provide tactical commodity exposure, and offer tremendous liquidity and transparency. Managed Futures is the trading of futures contracts both long and short in markets across the globe.
Relative Value Fund +5.92% in 2017
The Covenant Total Portfolio Fund was able to build small gains in 2017, where the rest of Managed Futures struggled.
Get our monthly report on the performance of the Attain Funds and select research and education pieces.
Even with institutional grade operations and professionals monitoring day to day trading activity, futures based investments involve the risk of substantial losses and are not suitable for all investors.
- "Our research and due diligence team has been together for 11 years, having analyzed hundreds of thousands of trades across more than 50 managed futures programs."
- John Cummings, Investment Research Manager
- "Not getting what you want from your managed futures exposure, we’ll do a free assessment of your current holdings in the space to see what's really going on under the hood."
- Walter Gallwas, President, Founding Partner
- "Attain was built upon the belief that a portfolio containing significant exposure to managed futures will outperform traditional stock, bond, hedge fund, and real estate portfolios over the long term."
- Jeff Malec, CEO, Founding Partner
- "Our low cost, consultative, education based approach to managed futures has been a natural fit with the fee based RIA community for years."
- Jeff Eizenberg, Director of National Accounts
Meet Our People
Director of Client Relations
With over ten years of experience in Client Relations, Lauren leads by facilitating communication between brokers, RIAs, IRA Custodians, CPOs, and CTAs. Lauren continually researches and implements tools to improve the account opening process, making the actual opening process an easy and enjoyable experience. Before joining the Attain Funds team, she received her BS in Human Development and Family Studies from the University of Illinois.
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Business Development
A ten-year managed futures industry veteran, John is responsible for sourcing CTAs from across the globe and leading Attain’s due dilligence efforts. John joined Attain Capital in 2002 after earning an MBA from the University of Dayton, and has held a variety of roles with the firm as both a trader and analyst. For the past five years John has used his industry expertise to evaluate trading talent for Attain clients, earning the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst designation signifying expertise in alternative investments including managed futures.
- E: email@example.com
Director of Portfolio Management
Mr. Eizenberg has been with Attain since its launch in 2002, and is one of the partners of the firm and member of the Board of Directors and firm Investment Committee. Mr. Eizenberg focuses on client portfolio development. having worked both with investors in a hands on role and with the markets via automated system execution for 13+ years, he is in a unique position to evaluate and recommend appropriate investor allocation blends to best fit their investment goals and objectives.
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
President, Founding Partner
Mr. Gallwas is a veteran of the futures industry, with experiences ranging from the trading pits, to executing trading systems, to building and running a successful CTA. His knowledge of the trading business is a tremendous asset when Attain conducts due diligence on managers and builds relationships with other industry participants. He brings a relentless focus on the core mission of Attain: always acting in the best interests of the client. Mr. Gallwas co-founded Attain with Mr. Malec in 2002.
- E: email@example.com
Founder & CEO
A 16-year veteran of the futures industry, Mr. Malec holds the Chartered Alternative Investment Association (CAIA) designation, and has authored hundreds of white papers covering managed futures. He co-founded Attain in 2002 and sits on the Board of Directors of the National Futures Association and Commodity Customer Coalition.